Niddry Castle, near Winchburgh, West Lothian, Scotland is a fourteenth-century tower house built around 1500 by Lord Seton. Mary Queen of Scots, stayed here on May 2, 1568, after her escape from captivity in Loch Leven Castle. Around 1680, the castle passed to the Hope family and part of the Hopetoun estate. The Hope family, now Marquises of Linlithgow, were granted the additional title Baron Niddry in 1814. In the 1990s, Niddry Castle was restored by Peter Wright as a private residence.