The Eagle Head by Wilhelm Lemke in 1940. Based on a design by Ernst Sagebiel. It was part of a 4,5 meter large bird sculpture which stood on top of the the Tempelhof building but was removed after World War II in 1962 to make room for a radar. The head became part of the collection of the museum of the Military Academy in West Point. In 1984 is was placed where it is now at Eagle Square (Platz der Luftbrücke) in front of the Tempelhof entrance.