Discover Pinterest’s 10 best ideas and inspiration for Austrian desserts. Get inspired and try out new things.
2 · The hills are alive with the sound of devouring these Austrian desserts! From strudel to tortes to crepes, these authentic treats are so irresistible.
Baking & Spices
- • 1 Austrian polsterzipf with topfen dough
Bread & Baked Goods
- • 1 Apple strudel recipe
- • 1 Linzer torte recipe
- • 1 Sacher torte
- • 1 Classic austrian linzer cookies
- • Austrian Buchteln (Sweet Yeast Rolls)
- • Cremeschnitten (Austrian Cream Slices)
- • Dampfnudeln / Germknödel (Sweet Dumplings)
- • Traditional Gugelhupf (Kugelhopf)
- • Kaiserschmarrn (Scrambled Pancake)
- • Kletzenbrot Recipe (Christmas Fruit Bread)
- • Krapfen (Austrian Jam Filled Donuts)
- • Marillenknödel (Austrian Apricot Dumplings)
- • Marillenkuchen (Austrian Apricot Cake)
- • Homemade Mozartkugeln
- • Palatschinken (Austrian Crêpes)
- • Salzburger Nockerl
- • Topfenknödel (Austrian Topfen Dumplings)
- • Topfenstrudel (Quark Strudel or Cheese Strudel)
- • Vanillekipferl (Austrian Vanilla Crescent Cookies)
Suzanne Fondl saved to Sweets for the Sweet
Buchteln (or wuchteln) are pull-apart style Austrian sweet yeast rolls typically filled with apricot or plum jam. Enjoy them for breakfast or dessert!
Anita olsafsky saved to Recipes
An amazing blend of sweet and tart come together in this tantalizing Austrian apple strudel dessert! Try a slice for breakfast too!
Brenda Meola saved to Foods/Appetizers
Let me introduce you to Austrian Desserts - the kind you can't live without! Things like Kaiserschmarrn and Apple Struddle.
Pavla Yorgovva saved to sweet passion
If you're looking to bring plenty of European sweetness, richness, and decadence into your kitchen, these popular Austrian dessert recipes have so much to get excited about.
JoieWarren saved to Baking & cooking
A recipe for Haselnußcrèmetorte (Austrian Hazelnut Cream Torte) from the cookbook, The Viennese Kitchen by Monica Meehan and Maria von Baich.
Andra Tarantola saved to desserts
This classic Austrian cake consists of fluffy sponge layers filled with a cool, mousse-like cream that resembles a no-bake cheesecake. Delicious!
Myrna Jensen saved to Food
Cremeschnitten (or Cremeschnitte) are Austrian cream slices comprised of crisp puff pastry sandwiched around a thick layer of vanilla custard.
If you are visiting Austria and you have a sweet tooth you are in luck! Vienna is known for its cake and coffee culture. Find out where to eat cake in Vienna. Plus all the other must have Austrian desserts and where to eat them throughout Austria. #Austria #AustrianFood #Vienna #Salzburg #AustriaTravel #FoodTravel #Foodie #TheFearlessForeigner
This Austrian sweet yeast pastry is traditionally baked for November 1st (All Saints day). It's kind of a forgotten treasure and only a handful of people know of its existence. It's simply too special to get lost forever. Since I didn't have any recipe to adapt or to use as a basis, I developed this one from scratch. I hope you will like it.
Edward J. Zalar saved to Food and drink