Netherlands East Indies, Dutch East India Company, 1602-1799, 3 gulden, 1786
Duck Breasts with Spices from the Dutch East India Company
#Duck Breasts with Spices from the Dutch East India Company
Built between 1666 and 1679 by the Dutch East India Company (VOC) as a maritime replenishment station, the Castle of Good Hope is the oldest surviving colonial building in South Africa. The Western bastion was named Leerdam, followed in clockwise order by Buuren, Catzenellenbogen, Nassau and Oranje.
East India Company crest - on ships, flags, tea boxes (large tea chests) and shipping/import/export items.
VOC trading posts were established in Persia, Bengal, Malacca, Siam, Canton, Formosa (now Taiwan), as well as the Malabar and Coromandel coasts in India.
Dutch East India Company - Vereenigde Oostindische Compagnie (VOC) - the omnipresent logo of the world's first multinational.