The eastbound Olympian Hiawatha pauses in La Crosse, WI, May 30, 1954, on its way to Milwaukee and Chicago. Brooks Stevens designed the train, including the signature Skytop Lounge. Stevens was a noted industrial designer with national credentials. The Milwaukee Road commissioned him to redesign the post-WW II Hiawathas, which had been first streamlined in 1935. Pullman built the parlor-sleeping cars for the Olympian Hiawatha, and the Milwaukee Road built the parlor-only Skytop Lounge cars.