Point of Ayre - The lighthouse tower was 70ft high and a circular design. The actual date when the light was first exhibited is known to have been between December 1818 and February 1819. Some 70 years later it was found necessary to build an additional small light tower some 250 yards seaward from the main tower. Due to continuous gravel build-up, this tower moved a further 250ft seaward in 1951, and now stands out on the gravel bank. This small light was known as The Winkie.