St Paul's Cathedral looking down Cannon Street from Cannon Street Fire Station showing the devastation caused by German bombing during the Second World War. 1948.
Blackfriars Station entrance in 1930 (left), compared with today. The station was originally called St Paul's and was opened by the London, Chatham and Dover Railway in 1886. The Times newspaper was also based here in Queen Victoria Street. A decade or so after Reid photographed this exterior, the station was bombed in the Blitz of 1940 and largely destroyed. The offices of The Times newspaper were also hit. (Museum of London)