St. Louis Cemetery, New Orleans, Louisiana - actually the name of three Roman Catholic cemeteries opened in 1789. All of the graves are above-ground vaults; most were constructed in the 18th & 19th century. Cemetery No. 1 spans just one square block but has over 600 tombs. A Protestant section (generally not vaulted) lies in the north-west section. Currently owned & maintained by the Archdiocese of New Orleans, it is listed in National Register of Historic Places.