The Trube home, referred to as 'the strangest house in a city of strange houses,' was built in 1890 by J. C. Trube, a local businessman who emigrated from Denmark in the mid-1800's. The architect, Alfred Muller had it built of brick with Belgian stucco on two city lots. It was not raised after 1900 storm and restored in 1990. It is currently a private residence. The site provides an image of the home taken circa 1890.